Code of Collaboration
Author: Anni Stavnskaer Pedersen
Facilitated by the teacher
The aim is to create a code of collaboration to strengthen the social relations within a group during the innovative learning processes.
Whiteboard, computer, pen & post-its
- The students are asked to write down what they think are the most important elements that make up a good learning environment.
- The students share their thoughts with the rest of the class.
- The teacher stresses the importance of sharing their perspectives and valuing them so that they understand one another and the different needs they may have.
- The teacher and the students create learning objectives which all students should respect. These are made into a ‘code of collaboration’ which all students must sign.
- The teacher places the code in the classroom where it is visible to all.
- The teacher and the students should review and adjust the code after periods of conflict and discussions about changing expectations.
In this activity, the students should express their needs about the creation of a safe learning environment to in creating a code of collaboration. The activity could be done using online tools such as Padlet, virtual whiteboard and breakout rooms in Teams/Zoom.