Creating a Flow for Learning
Author: Calum Crosbie
Facilitated by the teacher
The aim is to develop a logical approach to solving problems by organising processes into a clear structure.
Whiteboard, video, post-its & pen
- Students watch a short video on an assembly process and take notes on the key aspects of the process.
- The students review their notes and put them in a logical order.
- The students create a flow chart to simplify the process for others.
- The charts should then be presented to the class or a small group.
- The class reviews all the charts and discusses some of the observations taking note of good practice.
This activity will make students aware of the importance of presenting information for others in a clear, structured and logical format. The activity could be done using online tools such as Padlet, virtual whiteboard and breakout rooms in Teams/Zoom.