Who Dares? (Who is willing to? Is there a volunteer?)
Author: Aleix Barrera, Diego Castro & David Rodriguez-Gomez
Facilitated by the teacher
The aim is to convey the idea that it is easier to be motivated and participate when we know what is expected of us.
Whiteboard, pen & post-its
- The teacher asks for a number of volunteers (approx 3 – 4 people). This number will be dependent on the size of the group.
- The teacher explains that this activity will generate a debate about motivations, resistance and fears etc. It is not about participating in a specific game or task.
- The students explain their motivations for volunteering e.g. what they wanted to achieve by volunteering.
- The students who did not volunteer should also explain their thoughts and why they did not volunteer.
- The students take note of all the comments and review them.
The activity could be done using online tools such as Padlet, virtual whiteboard and breakout rooms in Teams/Zoom.